Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dangerous Australian Animals and the Circle of Life

Today I had the good fortune of having the Saturday off, and while the weather is lovely, my husband and I went for a drive into the hills.

We stopped at a quaint cafe and ordered lunch. The view from the deck was gorgeous, and we were surrounded by green bushland with a clear view of a lake.

I was working my way through my burger (with a knife and fork because it was so huge) when a kookaburra flew in, landed on the rail and eyed me off for a couple of seconds. It chose the exact moment that I was looking at my food to swoop in, grab nearly half of my lunch and fly away.

Unperturbed, I finished the rest of my lunch and stole some of my husband's. (He did offer, honestly!)

Life has a way of finding balance.

1 comment:

Miss Purple Stethoscope said...

Love it! Times like these you think: the price you pay for calling Australia home... but I wouldn't have it any other way. Le sigh..