Monday, January 26, 2009

One more sleep until third year!

Tomorrow is the first day of Year Three. I have ironed my shirts for the week, and realise that I REALLY need to go shopping and buy shirts that I don't need to iron. I am really bad at ironing (probably because I just don't care enough), and it uses up valuable energy and thus is bad for the environment. ;)
I am having those night-before jitters, and am pondering deep questions, such as whether or not there will be a fridge close by where I can store my lunch, and what to wear. (Considering that I will be spending time outside in the middle of the day and it is disgustingly hot and humid right now, the wrong choice of outfit could cause considerable discomfort to both me and everybody who comes within a reasonably close radius.)
I'll also get to meet the students with whom I'll be spending this rotation, and I hope we get along. 
I have gotten so used to being a full-time student over the past two years, and have come to take for granted the kind of freedom that this entails. As much as I have enjoyed it, I have to admit that I am really looking forward to getting into a routine again. I get much more done when I am organised and busy, and thrive on having things to do, although lately I have also gotten good at enjoying my down-time. 
So, on to bigger and better things. I'm very excited. :)