Friday, October 30, 2009

Yet more medical school bitterness

Assignments - I never do well on the ones that I expect to, and I somehow ace the ones that I wonder are going to be good enough.

I can never tell which ones will be which.

I got two results back this week. One was for an assignment that I did a lot of work for on the main project itself, but did the write-up very quickly and wondered afterwards if it should have been more "academic".

The other was for a group assignment that I did, where we all put in a fair bit of work together. As group assignments go, you all put in work into the one thing and hope your side of the work doesn't let everybody else down.

I aced the first one and got a mediocre mark for the second. Funnily enough, I would prefer it to be the other way around, because I'm dissapointed for the group. I know how we all worked on this one.

I guess passing is the main thing.

2 comments:

Milk and Two Sugars said...

I think it's the difference between markers who care and those who don't. Sucks but it shouldn't be taken personally. Why can't all tutors and lecturers be passionate?

The Girl said...

Yes, I agree. It can be so disappointing for the students involved.