Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Career Observations

I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do, but I don't want to spend my day:
  • Being coughed on by 4-year-olds;
  • Doing pap-smears;
  • Giving vaccinations;
  • Reassuring parents that every normal lump, bump or colouring on their child is indeed normal while then let their child do every possible dangerous thing accessible in the room.
I just don't think I'm a patient enough person to work in General Practice (aka Family Medicine).
I have a lot of respect for the people who do work in that area, but it just isn't for me. 
I am also fighting off the second infection in a fortnight, probably from kids who don't wash their hands or cover their mouths when they go into a big fit of coughing. Why does it always hit on the weekend? 

2 comments:

T. said...

You know, of course, what my vote would be - ANESTHESIA ALL THE WAY! :)

The Girl said...

:D
It is still on the list, too. I'm glad to hear that you still love your job. :)