Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Credit where it is due

I don't usually wax on about being older, married and so on, but I just wanted to add a quick post to say that I am damn lucky that I am going to medical school now and not ten years ago when I was single and had a slightly less balanced life.

Living with a supportive partner has been the best gift I could have ever asked for. If I come home wondering whether I am overreacting to something, being unfair or worrying too much, I have a wonderful sounding board who is not afraid of being honest with me.

My better half can turn me from a nervous wreck who is sitting on the couch in a panic to falling off the same couch with tears rolling down my face in the space of thirty minutes. Hugs are also nice.

I could go on but I won't. I'll just add that he rocks.

2 comments:

Liz said...

i think you come off sounding younger than you actually are based on the 10-yr mention in this post...that's a good thing, right? to look, act, and feel younger than we actually are? Good job!!!!

The Girl said...

I was talking about the undergraduate degree. I'm still on the happy side of 30. ;)

But thanks for the complement - I'll take them all. :D