Thursday, April 12, 2007

Baking + Eating = Metabolism Study!


I have one more day until my holidays are over. One more day. *sigh*

I am working the entire mid-year break, and then we don't have another holiday until the end of the year.

I take small breathers during the day all the time, so it really isn't a problem for me. For anybody who feels stressed, I can highly recommend getting into a routine where you go to a cafe and sit down with a hot beverage (decaf skinny latte, in my case) in a real cup/glass. Find a nice cafe on your way where you can take your time. Make it a part of your routine. Sit there, read, study and soak up the ambience. I love it.

So what should I do with this one last day?

"Study, study study!" says the evil shoulder Study Bunny.
"Listen to your evil shoulder Study Bunny!" says the good shoulder Study Bunny.

Actually, I am going to be spending a fair portion of tomorrow studying. Thank goodness I actually like learning what we study, otherwise it would be painful. I am also having a study session with a friend during the day.

Perhaps during a lull we shall break out some past exams and spur ourselves into studying some more. I can envision at least one lunch/snacks/diet coke/BAKING SUPPLIES run. It doesn't take long to make a batch of cupcakes. We will be studying glucose metabolism, so baking cupcakes is practically study!

I haven't made anything from "How To Be A Domestic Goddess" by Nigella Lawson for a very long time. I'm excited. But not as excited as my inner Study Bunnies. They tell me that I am not allowed any cupcakes until I can tell them how glycogen storage works. They know that I am highly susceptible to bribery of the cupcake kind.

No comments: