Friday, December 29, 2006

Note to future self . . .


. . . when feeling over-sensitive in the future, remember inner dialogue from today:

Why do doctors take their frustrations out on those around them and treat me like garbage? I need to give myself a mental hug.
I wonder who gets spoken to the worst - hospital staff who work with doctors, or medical students?
Hmmm, I'm thinking it will be medical students. Oh crap.
How the hell will I handle being a medical student?
Am I really cut out for this?
Perhaps I should quit now and write poetry for a living. And dance in the meadows with the pixies. And seed clouds.
Wait, it usually doesn't bother me when I get snapped at when the doctors are having bad days. Why is today different?
*Light goes on inside dimly-lit skull*
Oh, PMS, I love you and hate you at the same time.
Actually, scrap that. I hate you.


Yes, some things in life really shouldn't mix. Especially working with cardiologists and having PMS.

No comments: