Monday, April 5, 2010

More running

I ran over 26km on this four day weekend. I did one long run and two easy runs, and one of what was pretty much a pacing run.

The good news is that I'm getting faster. The bad news is that I'm still slow. I'm getting down to 6:30min per km, which is slow in the scheme of things but a lot faster for me. When I could run for 5km non-stop, I started in the high 7's. I could cut another 30 seconds off that for a few minutes, and hopefully I'll be at that point in a month or so when I get my fitness up and some more strength in my legs.

My aim for this year is to run a 10km race in under 1 hour. When I get to that point, I'll enter a half-marathon and see how it goes (after appropriate training, of course!).

I would love a pair of those awesome strong runners legs, with decent calf muscles. I have always had wimpy legs. Maybe Santa will have brought me a pair by Christmas this year. ;)

No comments: