Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blech

Studying is just like every other job. Some days you just don't want to have anything to do with it.
Today is one of those days. 
Often I try to harvest the power of fear in order to motivate myself. It seems that I have built up a resistance to this kind of stimulant, so instead I am trying for a different method: interest!
Wow, look at these pathology diagrams - aren't they interesting.
Even more interesting are the drug names, classes, side-effects and interactions.
Memorising the fiddly parts of anatomy makes them possibly the most interesting parts of the lot. (You know - the interesting parts that only seem to have relevance to future microsurgeons.)
But don't forget about EBM and Public Health - they are so interesting they deserve to be in their own course. 
Yes . . . interest . . . 
Hopefully I'll find some clinical correlation and it will all fall into place, going from interesting to being genuinely interesting.