Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The cat on the mat with the rat . . .


My cat deserves to be promoted to living in a barn on a farm. Perhaps he was a farm cat in a past life. (Don't read any further if the thought of little furry creatures being eaten offends!)

In the past 24 hours, I have seen him catch three mice! I'm willing to bet that he has caught others that I haven't seen! Three!!! This is during a period in which he spent a solid 12 hours locked inside, as we keep them in at night to keep the native nocturnal wildlife safer.

Thankfully he only brought them as far as the front yard, which I can see from where I study, and not into the house. I have only ever seen him catch mice or rats, not any little native creatures or birds, for which I am grateful.

I'm thinking that one of our neighbours has a SERIOUS pest-control problem somewhere in their house or yard, as I see him bring them in from across the road. Perhaps I should start charging for pest control services. ;)

He is lying on the carpet right now looking very happy with himself, but if I get up from my desk he will yell at me for food. Somebody is slightly greedy. Or has a rampant case of worms! Ew. Time to go to the vets for some pills, methinks . . .

No comments: