Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!


Having just spent four hours cooking in preparation for tomorrow, (during which time I made split pea and veggie soup for lunch today, chocolate chip cookies, pineapple right-side-up cupcakes, vegan spanish omelette and some dish involving seitan, salad and udon noodles) I now feel thoroughly ready to pack my bags, drive to my parents' place and spend 24 hours drinking somebody else's liquor.

I hope that you all have a safe and happy Christmas day and that Santa doesn't bring you anything too offensive, and that if he does, I hope you manage to laugh hard and at the appropriate moment. I watched Bad Santa last night, so when things get rough, I hope that like me, you too can grit your teeth, smile, and reminisce about the scene when Willy gets gunned down by the police trying to deliver the fluffy pink elephant to the little blonde boy, in front of a whole row of small children. Good luck.

No comments: