Monday, March 26, 2007

These are a few of my favourite things . . .


It is a sad fact of my life that I love ordering things over the internet and having them delivered. Every time I open that package, be it groceries, a textbook or something more fun, it is like a little present to myself.

(Unfortunately I will never be the kind of person who is able to order clothes on the internet. Apart from the occasional amusing t-shirt, it isn't going to happen. I'm very picky with what I wear. This doesn't translate into looking fantastic the second I turn away from the mirror, but such is life.)

My latest favourite thing to be delivered were boxes containing flashcards with which to revise/learn pathology, pharmacology and microbiology. I'm writing out my own as I go as well (mainly because I am a visual learner and this works for me) but it will be nice to have a set of neat-looking cards with pictures.

Yes, real pictures! Not the abstract scratchings I can muster using a ball-point pen on the tiny corner of a piece of cardboard the size of my hand, done in the space of five seconds! Sometimes all it takes is simple things.

Looking at them sitting in their neat little piles on my study table, I can feel the knowledge flowing into the wood, through the table, up my arms and into my brain. The cards are MUCH smarter than I am at the moment, so learning-by-osmosis is practically guaranteed.

Ordering them and opening the package even felt like study! It is like that feeling you get when you are planning going on a diet and somehow the act of planning your meals for the next week or two makes you feel like you have already started to lose weight. Delusions can be fun! Join me next weekend, when I get fit by watching a marathon!

No comments: